CO2 Refrigeration System Basics (CA02)
To introduce the different types of CO2 refrigeration systems, their unique design considerations, major components and how they function. To explain how to charge, vent, and pump out these systems and the health and safety issues involved in all of these activities.
To introduce the Gas CO2 as a refrigerant, describing the different grades of CO2, its advantages, and the phases of the gas at differing pressures and temperatures.
By the end of this topic you will be able to:
- Recognise some of the different types of CO2 refrigeration systems, their components and functionality.
- List the design considerations applicable to refrigeration systems using CO2.
- Explain how leak and pressure testing is carried out on a CO2 refrigeration system.
- Describe how to charge and vent CO2 systems and the health and safety issues involved in these processes.
- Explain how moisture can get into a CO2 system, and the measures that can be employed to prevent this from happening.
- Describe some of the maintenance tasks specific to CO2 refrigeration systems.
- Explain how to pump out liquid CO2 from a refrigeration system, and the health and safety issues involved in this process.
Contact Star Learning Solutions for access.
CO2 Refrigeration Fundamental Courses
These CO2 courses will provide you with a basic understanding of the use of CO2 refrigeration systems. These courses offer a broad introduction to the fundamental knowledge required to work on Carbon Dioxide systems. It also helps you prepare for further study of advanced CO2 Refrigeration Systems.
The course content encompass specific properties of CO2, safety, design, installation and maintenance considerations including advantages in using CO2, and functionality of the different types of refrigeration systems: volatile secondary, volatile secondary with DX, volatile secondary/cascade, trans-critical and direct expansion.
It will be of great assistance to those already working with CO2 refrigeration systems and those who are new to using natural refrigerants. Bearing in mind that CO2 technology will become increasingly important in the near future, and this alone will create new job opportunities.
A great deal of thought and expertise has been put into the development of this course by Star Refrigeration engineers, who collated information and knowledge in the use of CO2 in refrigeration systems. In addition, Danfoss also contributed with valuable material.
This course is formed by four online modules.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines. On successful completion of the courses you will get a CPD Diploma certified for Continuing Professional Development by The Construction CPD Certification Service and The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers. Note, this course is not a full qualification. To obtain a qualification you will be required to undertake additional training and assessment at an accredited test centre.
2-3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed).
Anyone interested or working with refrigeration, air conditioning , heating and CO2 Refrigeration systems. The module within this course can be used either as induction, awareness, refresher and foundation training.
There are no entry requirements